Siding starting to go on.
Looking more like a house siding is going on. The mismatch between the grey and the florescent yellow will have to be fixed later when we can afford to reside the bottom.
We used a cement board called hardie board www.jameshardie.ca The colour here is night grey We decided to breakup the walls a little by use of batten boards and some white transitions.
Major construction done.
Walls and roof are done.. Shingled and Insulated.house
The walls were pre-assembled on the ground and craned into place. The trusses were placed on top. That is as far as the crew got that day, so of course it snowed about 10cm.
The next day they started on the trusses. Now it starting to look like a house again.
The roof sheeting is going up, but it will have to wait until Monday.house
I acquired this old forge through the local guild. It pays to remind people that you are looking. This is built inside an old steel tractor wheel. It is about 36 inches inside diameter. The blower required some oil, and a handle nwo it works great. Now I just need to build a side draft hood for it.metal
One of the most frequent questions I get while riding around is "How fast can you go?"
The world record for an hour ride on a trike is 70.68 Km. WWW.ihpv.org set by Pieter Pas out of Germany. Their trike is fully faired cygnushpv.blogspot.ca and not something I would be willing to ride on city streets.
I ride a catrike speed. A nice little aluminum frame trike, but no fairing.
How fast? Well I have had it up in the 70km/h range for a short distance while going down hill. My max on the flat would be about 50km/h mostly I am not concerned with going fast. I prefer just laying back and taking my time.
It is the ride that is important not the score. What ever bike you like to ride get out and ride.bike
- Another Project Goes Private: Amara Stops Being Developed As Open Source
- Red Hat and IBM Jointly File Another Amicus Brief In Google v. Oracle, Arguing APIs Are Not Copyrightable
- Slate Announces List of The 30 Most Evil Tech Companies
- Microsoft's New Windows Terminal Preview Offers a Retro CRT Screen Effect
- Exploit Fully Breaks SHA-1, Lowers the Attack Bar
- Facial Recognition Database With 3 Billion Scraped Images 'Might End Privacy as We Know It'
- Major Breakthrough In Quantum Computing Shows That MIP* = RE
- Tuxedo's New Manjaro Linux Laptops Will Include Massive Customization
- Why Did Red Hat Drop Its Support for Docker's Runtime Engine?
- A Broken Computer System Is Costing F-35 Maintainers 45,000 Hours a Year
- 'Snowmageddon': cleanup begins after record Newfoundland storm - The Guardian
- Contentious Jumbo Valley to become Indigenous protected area after feds provide $21M - CBC.ca
- Climate action to blame for Alberta's woes, says Conrad Black - Calgary Herald
- Trump impeachment: Legal team says charges 'brazen and unlawful' - BBC News
- ‘The roads have been terrible’: Over 250 crashes reported in GTA after snowstorm hits region - Global News
- From snow forts to beat poems, here's how Newfoundlanders weathered the storm - CBC.ca
- Winter storm shifts from snow to rain, freezing rain for much of B.C. South Coast - Global News
- Weekend weather: Batten down the hatches, the snow is coming - Ottawa Citizen
- ‘We’re backed into a corner’: Wet’suwet’en bristle as RCMP control access to anti-pipeline camp - Global News
- After breaking Grey Cup, Winnipeg Blue Bombers find redemption after player saves trophy from burning hotel - CBC.ca