One of the most frequent questions I get while riding around is "How fast can you go?"
The world record for an hour ride on a trike is 70.68 Km. WWW.ihpv.org set by Pieter Pas out of Germany. Their trike is fully faired cygnushpv.blogspot.ca and not something I would be willing to ride on city streets.
I ride a catrike speed. A nice little aluminum frame trike, but no fairing.
How fast? Well I have had it up in the 70km/h range for a short distance while going down hill. My max on the flat would be about 50km/h mostly I am not concerned with going fast. I prefer just laying back and taking my time.
It is the ride that is important not the score. What ever bike you like to ride get out and ride.bike
If you can read this then I got my website changed over. I had been using some homebrew scripts and templating patterns that I had created decades ago. Mostly because templating engines did not exist yet.
I looked at a few different static site generators, most were far too complex for what I wanted. Hugo was a good choice but I need the ablity to modify it easily. So I went with staticsite [archive] written in python it uses jinja2 templating and the markdown language. It was very simple to use and closely resembeled my own ancient scripts.programming
Armour from the TOPAKAPI musuem in Istanbul
This was labeled as the armour of the sultan's bodygaurd. The armour is a combination of maille and bands of metal. The rivited maille had a round cross section except for the overlapped ends.metal
This is more then bicycles. The conventional bicycle despite advances in construction and materials has not really improved much in the last 100 years. This is mostly because of the UCI who sets the defintion of a bicycle for most races. A HPV is what happens when we stop following this forced definition. It also expands from land into air and waterbike
- World's First Floating Windfarm To Take Shape Off Coast of Scotland
- Comcast and Charter In Talks With Sprint To Offer Wireless Service
- Britain's Newest Warship Runs Windows XP, Raising Cyber Attack Fears
- Lawmakers Want To Move Fast On Self-Driving Car Legislation
- Petya Ransomware Outbreak Originated In Ukraine Via Tainted Accounting Software
- Police Use Lyft As 'Trojan Horse' To Capture Suspect In Murder of Tech CEO
- NVIDIA To Launch Graphics Cards Specifically Designed For Digital Currency Mining
- Microsoft Bringing EMET Back As a Built-In Part of Windows 10
- Hacker Behind Massive Ransomware Outbreak Can't Get Emails From Victims Who Paid
- The App Economy Will Be Worth $6 Trillion in Five Years
- Trudeau says national security not jeopardized in China takeover of Norsat - The Globe and Mail
- RCMP apprehend armed suspect, public safety no longer a concern in Portage la Prairie - CTV News
- Sarah Palin sues New York Times for defamation - Toronto Sun
- Venezuelan police helicopter attacks pro-Maduro Supreme Court - The Globe and Mail
- NDP accuse Liberals of stalling their defeat with 4-page letter to Speaker - CTV News
- Ontario commits $85 million to clean up 'gross neglect' at Grassy Narrows - Toronto Star
- Made in Manitoba book examines Canada 150 from an Indigenous perspective - CTV News
- The right's new assault on the press is illogical and dangerous - Washington Post (blog)
- Kelowna woman facing charges of uttering death threats to Clark, Thomson - Pentiction Western News
- Cyberattack Hits Ukraine Then Spreads Internationally - New York Times