Major construction done.
Walls and roof are done.. Shingled and Insulated.house
The walls were pre-assembled on the ground and craned into place. The trusses were placed on top. That is as far as the crew got that day, so of course it snowed about 10cm.
The next day they started on the trusses. Now it starting to look like a house again.
The roof sheeting is going up, but it will have to wait until Monday.house
I acquired this old forge through the local guild. It pays to remind people that you are looking. This is built inside an old steel tractor wheel. It is about 36 inches inside diameter. The blower required some oil, and a handle nwo it works great. Now I just need to build a side draft hood for it.metal
One of the most frequent questions I get while riding around is "How fast can you go?"
The world record for an hour ride on a trike is 70.68 Km. WWW.ihpv.org set by Pieter Pas out of Germany. Their trike is fully faired cygnushpv.blogspot.ca and not something I would be willing to ride on city streets.
I ride a catrike speed. A nice little aluminum frame trike, but no fairing.
How fast? Well I have had it up in the 70km/h range for a short distance while going down hill. My max on the flat would be about 50km/h mostly I am not concerned with going fast. I prefer just laying back and taking my time.
It is the ride that is important not the score. What ever bike you like to ride get out and ride.bike
If you can read this then I got my website changed over. I had been using some homebrew scripts and templating patterns that I had created decades ago. Mostly because templating engines did not exist yet.
I looked at a few different static site generators, most were far too complex for what I wanted. Hugo was a good choice but I need the ablity to modify it easily. So I went with staticsite [archive] written in python it uses jinja2 templating and the markdown language. It was very simple to use and closely resembeled my own ancient scripts.programming
- NYT: 'Firefox Is Back. It's Time to Give It a Try.'
- How Should Open Source Development Be Subsidized?
- George Lucas's Terrible Idea for Star Wars Episodes 7-9
- Can Two Injections of Tuberculosis Vaccine Cure Diabetes?
- Tesla Autopilot Safety Defeat Device Gets a Cease-and-Desist From NHTSA
- Can NASA Protect Earth from Catastrophic Asteroid Collisions?
- America's 'CyberWar' With Foreign Governments Could Get More Aggressive
- Should Professional Sports Switch To Robot Referees?
- Dropbox Open Sources DivANS: a Compression Algorithm In Rust Compiled To WASM
- Happy Birthday Alan Turing! How Modern Technology Could Win WWII In 13 Minutes
- The owner of the Red Hen explains why she asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave
- Elizabeth Warren Condemned Trump in Reno. He Answered in Las Vegas With a Slur.
- Beijing has tactics besides just tariffs to hurt the US in a trade war
- Erdogan seeks to cement power in Turkey's high-stakes votes
- Katie Arrington, South Carolina Candidate Who Beat Mark Sanford, Is Seriously Hurt in Crash
- Kushner Faults Palestinian Leaders, Says Peace Plan Imminent
- A jogger accidentally crossed into the US from Canada and was detained for two weeks
- Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- World's Ugliest Dog title goes to English bulldog named Zsa Zsa
- Man firing weapon is fatally shot by Minneapolis police: reports