If you can read this then I got my website changed over. I had been using some homebrew scripts and templating patterns that I had created decades ago. Mostly because templating engines did not exist yet.
I looked at a few different static site generators, most were far too complex for what I wanted. Hugo was a good choice but I need the ablity to modify it easily. So I went with staticsite [archive] written in python it uses jinja2 templating and the markdown language. It was very simple to use and closely resembeled my own ancient scripts.programming
Armour from the TOPAKAPI musuem in Istanbul
This was labeled as the armour of the sultan's bodygaurd. The armour is a combination of maille and bands of metal. The rivited maille had a round cross section except for the overlapped ends.metal
This is more then bicycles. The conventional bicycle despite advances in construction and materials has not really improved much in the last 100 years. This is mostly because of the UCI who sets the defintion of a bicycle for most races. A HPV is what happens when we stop following this forced definition. It also expands from land into air and waterbike
- Australia Wants ISPs To Protect Customers From Viruses
- How To Delete Your Data From Google's 'My Activity'
- As Print Surges, Ebook Sales Plunge Nearly 20%
- Why Elon Musk Doesn't Like Flying Cars
- Intel-Powered Broadband Modems Highly Vulnerable To DoS Attack
- Advertisers Are Still Boycotting YouTube Over Offensive Videos
- Humans Are Already Harassing Security Robots
- Debian Developer Imprisoned In Russia Over Alleged Role In Riots
- Wired Founding Editor Now Challenges 'The Myth of A Superhuman AI'
- Ask Slashdot: Could We Build A Global Wireless Mesh Network?
- Trump warns North Korea's missiles will get better - CTV News
- Despite presidential snub, Trump jokes front and centre at White House press dinners - CBC.ca
- Nova Scotians to go to the polls on May 30 - CBC.ca
- Search continues for Canadian woman missing in Belize - CTV News
- Kevin O'Leary cites selflessness in ending leadership bid - CTV News
- Mexico and Canada 'in this together' on NAFTA, amid Trump confusion - CBC.ca
- Defence minister apologizes to former comrades for claims about Afghan battle - Sudbury.com
- How a seven-second long encounter on the campaign trail has blown up on Christy Clark and the BC Liberals - National Post
- Fort McMurray wildfire: 1 year later, delayed rebuild underway - Globalnews.ca
- Ottawa Senators jump to two-game lead over New York Rangers on back of resiliency and Jean-Gabriel Pageau - National Post