One of the most frequent questions I get while riding around is "How fast can you go?"
The world record for an hour ride on a trike is 70.68 Km. WWW.ihpv.org set by Pieter Pas out of Germany. Their trike is fully faired cygnushpv.blogspot.ca and not something I would be willing to ride on city streets.
I ride a catrike speed. A nice little aluminum frame trike, but no fairing.
How fast? Well I have had it up in the 70km/h range for a short distance while going down hill. My max on the flat would be about 50km/h mostly I am not concerned with going fast. I prefer just laying back and taking my time.
It is the ride that is important not the score. What ever bike you like to ride get out and ride.bike
If you can read this then I got my website changed over. I had been using some homebrew scripts and templating patterns that I had created decades ago. Mostly because templating engines did not exist yet.
I looked at a few different static site generators, most were far too complex for what I wanted. Hugo was a good choice but I need the ablity to modify it easily. So I went with staticsite [archive] written in python it uses jinja2 templating and the markdown language. It was very simple to use and closely resembeled my own ancient scripts.programming
Armour from the TOPAKAPI musuem in Istanbul
This was labeled as the armour of the sultan's bodygaurd. The armour is a combination of maille and bands of metal. The rivited maille had a round cross section except for the overlapped ends.metal
This is more then bicycles. The conventional bicycle despite advances in construction and materials has not really improved much in the last 100 years. This is mostly because of the UCI who sets the defintion of a bicycle for most races. A HPV is what happens when we stop following this forced definition. It also expands from land into air and waterbike
- Facebook Tests Removing Publishers From News Feed -- Unless They Pay
- Apple, Samsung Face New iPhone Damages Trial
- Google Worked With Intel on a custom AI Chip For Its Pixel Phones
- Wolf of Wall Street: Cryptocurrency ICOs Are 'the Biggest Scam Ever'
- FBI Couldn't Access Nearly 7,000 Devices Because of Encryption
- Hong Kong Has No Space Left for the Dead
- Google Might Need To Recall the Pixel 2 XL Because of Defective Screens
- Facebook Runs On AI - But 70% of Its Engineers Who Use AI Aren't Experts
- Windows 10's 'Controlled Folder Access' Anti-Ransomware Feature Is Now Live
- Singapore To Stop Adding Cars to City From February 2018
- OPINION: Dalhousie code of conduct stifles free speech, violates university values - TheChronicleHerald.ca
- Angry soldier's widow says Trump didn't know husband's name - National Post
- New US envoy, Kelly Craft, presents credentials to Governor General - BarrieToday (blog)
- Britain to give Canada the shipwrecks of explorer John Franklin - National Post
- American-born Putin critic Bill Browder unable to enter US - CTV News
- Quebec TV personality Julie Snyder files sexual misconduct complaint against Gilbert Rozon - CBC.ca
- Down Goes Brown Weekend Wrap: Leafs not yet worthy of favourite status - Sportsnet.ca
- Texas police await word on whether body is missing toddler's - National Post
- Special envoy Bob Rae headed to Myanmar next week - CBC.ca
- Trump's Dumb Job-Killing Protectionism - Reason (blog)